January 19, 2010

You can call me Superfastcatlikereflexwoman

Or just Superwoman for short.

See, there are a few things I am slowing learning as a mother. For instance, feeding your kids taco soup for dinner has morning mayhem aftermath.

I'll just let you use your imagination for that.

So, thanks to taco soup, Alayna needed a bath when she woke up. Fine, done. Savannah's off to school. Things are good.

Then the boys wake up.

Jacob too had the consequences from eating taco soup and he too needed a bath.

It's amazing how the sound of running water seems to have a magical effect on my kids. They all come running, eager to get in. Alayna too.

Joseph leaped into the bathtub first. Alayna toddles in and starts reaching for the water toys. I have Jacob laying on the rug, cleaning him up before he too jumps into the water, taco soup and all.

As I was wiping his bum, my super-mega-mommy vision caught sight of Alayna's little feet lift up off the ground as she tried to reach deep into the tub in an effort to retrieve a toy.

In a flash, my cat-like relexes kicked in as I reached out and grabbed her by the shirt and heaved her back to solid ground. But not before she managed to get a feel of the water.

  



It didn't even phase her. In a matter of seconds she was back at it.



And I stood ready with my Superfast-catlike-reflexes just in case she decided to take up diving again.

That's one Superwoman point for me today!

And I didn't even have to wear red tights to do it. But I'm thinking a cape would be pretty cool next time, don't you?

                                                            

7 super cool people speak:

Stacy said...

Ah, yes. The thrill of bathtime. Anytime Max hears the water running at our house he starts running frantically for the bathtub.

And forget the cape. What you really need are Wonderwoman-style red boots. You know you want them.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Haha! Oh man, that would be SWEET!

Wonder Woman said...

I'll let you borrow mine.

Way to go, Mom!! You get 20 mom points for the save.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Yea!! Too bad we can't redeem mom points for prizes like money, chocolate, or good behavior from our kids.

Mama Smith said...

And the world says that "stay-at-home-mothers" don't develop their talents and amount to much...Geesh...What does the world know, anyway....(smile)

See Mom Smile said...

I so want a cape. Let's come up with a pattern and market them. Okay?

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I'm liking this plan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...