January 11, 2010

Just when I think I'm in charge,


I'm reminded that I'm not.



I'm not the one who wears the crown around here.



Or who gets waited on.



Or gets treats and loves when I cry.



Or gets my picture taken because I'm wearing a tu tu.
 (Now, don't read into that. I don't go dancing around the house in a tu tu... usually. Not that I'm actually admitting to anything mind you. (cough)



Nope, tis' I, the lowly servant. The cook, the maid, the bum cleaner, the nose wiper, the shoe finder, the clothes washer, the catch and fetch girl, the homework helper, the one who puts the bubbles in the bath.

And somehow, the one who shapes their very existance. (and daddy helps too, of course)

I love my charges.

5 super cool people speak:

E said...

THat is the most beautifully written thing I have read in a long time.

Kate and Cole said...

THat is so cute. I love all the girly stuff.

Meagan said...

You really are a talented writer. A talented woman in so very many ways. Thanks for all your posts. I don't always comment, but I love reading your blog. You do make darling children!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Thanks Meagan babe!

Mama Smith said...

Alayna has REAL CHARM!!! To be her "lowly servant"...was a "gift"...YOU BOTH WIN!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...