January 29, 2010

Picture of the Day Challenge

In any given day, I come across a million and one things that scream, "I'm a mother of 4 little kids!" Too often, I get frustrated and upset. Or I just miss the fun of it altogether.

Lately I've been trying to take a moment to stop and enjoy, smile, or laugh at those million and one things. Its funny how suddenly I notice and enjoy things more.

Today, this is my picture of the day. It just made me smile. I had seen Jacob playing in here earlier but didn't think much of it until later when I opened it up to get out a pan. 

It might not mean much to you, but to me, well, this is who I am. This is my life. And I love it.


So I'm trying an experiment. Or a challenge really.

Look around you, find something that speaks who you are. It doesn't have to be a big deal, I mean, look at my picture for heaven sake! I try not to choose pictures of people, that's too easy. Rather, pictures that represent my life, in some small way.

Post it on your blog with a little blurb about why you chose your picture then come back and add your link below. I am truly curious as to what pictures people will choose! I can't wait to see! I hope you all do it!

I've set up a McLinky so all you have to do is add the link to the blog post with your picture. If you don't have a blog, just leave a comment and tell me about something you saw that made you stop and smile.

I'm so excited! But I have to say, if no one links, I think I just might potentially feel stupid.

It's open for the week! Ready, set, go!
                                                


4 super cool people speak:

ldsjaneite said...

I enjoyed this so much, I put the post on two of my blogs. You're so fun, clever, and fantastic. Love you!!

Sarah said...

I love hearing things like this on mother's blogs. I know that when I started looking for the "Ordinary Life Magic", the way I felt about things completely changed. Then that makes your kids relax and be happier. And that makes you relax more and be happier. It's a glorious cycle.

the Gardners said...

lol. I do have a picture for this...as far as your comment on my blog goes, I did say you could be creative! That should be right up your alley...I was thinking of having my kids make some snowmen out of paper, glue and coconut! My sister talked about tying pillows around someone and making them into a snowman. Anything goes!

Elizabeth said...

So, I was really going to participate in this, but was too lazy to upload my picture! SORRY!!! I think it's a good idea though, and would like to do it another time if you decide to do this kind of post again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...