May 8, 2008

Family Prayer

One has to question if the angels of heaven ever get mischevious. I often wonder why the word, "prayer" triggers a chorus of crying from my children. While, granted, some days are better than other, last night was a prime example of this well, tuned chorus. I think the angels must throw "restless" darts at prayer time to see if, as parents, we are capable of maintaining the spirit during moments of great turmoil. As Savannah was screaming because daddy told her to stop drinking her juice long enough to have prayer, Joseph was crying because I was trying to hold him still, and Jacob was screaming, probably because the other two were and also because he wanted to run around as well, I started to laugh. I hope those of you reading this appreciate the irony and not think I was deing disrespectful, but with daddy trying to stay calm and patient as you could not even hear him pray above the other delightful noise taking place, I couldn't help it, it just rose within me and came out my mouth. Well, what can I say, we try.

2 super cool people speak:

Brittney said...

Haha, Way to go for even trying!!! I'm sure it is hard to keep doing day after day when it seems as though it is only torture and not benefiting anyone. Keep it up :)

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Serene - It's Courtney Orme!! How are you? I'm so glad I found your blog! congrats on Lukes greaduation and moving. That is so awesome! if you want to check our blog out its www.basketballormes.blogspot.com. Hopefully we can keep in touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...