May 5, 2008

Monkey Business

SALE... the word every man dreads and one that every woman loves. I’m not a spendy freak, I have been long accustomed to the art of saving, rather than spending money. However, there are moments when a woman has got to do what a woman has got to do. It is a tricky business finding decor that is gender mutual since the three kids are so close in age and they all share the same room and the same bathroom. So, I can’t very well go decorating anything in pink stuff anymore than I can put footballs everywhere, things must be fair to both sides. So, when I found this bathroom set (at 55% off I might add) I couldn’t resist. I thought it was super cute and something all the kids would love.




After I put it all up I asked Luke what he thought. I mean, I want my house to look nice so if something looks tacky I want to know! His response, “its a shower curtain”. For those of you who are familiar with the Pixar movie, “A Bug’s Life” call to mind the scene of Flick giving Princess Dot the big “seed” speech trying to encourage her and all she keeps saying is, “its a rock”. It was kind of the same scenario. Oh, I know it’s a shower curtain, but do you think it looks nice? (pause) “ I don’t know, it’s a shower curtain”. No, I know it’s a shower curtain, but a little feedback would be nice, do you like it? (pause) “It’s a shower curtain”. I know it a shower curtain, don’t you think I know a shower curtain when I see one I’ve spent a lot of time around shower curtains!
Remind me not to ask Luke’s advice on home decor ever again.

10 super cool people speak:

Brittney said...

I like it!!! I think it's great you could find something fun they would all like. I think it's perfect for a kid's bathroom. Way to go on the deal!

ldsjaneite said...

Perfect! I'm sure decor--especially in bathrooms--is a female thing. I'm still wishing for the theme for my guest bathroom: rubber ducks, right down to the shower curtain rubber ducky hooks!

Melynn said...

Ha ha. I think the Monkey set is darn cute. So, I guess this is the new place in Idaho? Hope the move went well. congrats to you guys too!

the Gardners said...

Wow, now that is cute! Before I even read your post, I thought, "where did she get that? That is so cute!" David acts the same way when it comes to decor, but if I were to get something that he didn't like(like, say a sheer shower curtain), he would then say, "I don't like it"...yada yada yada. Obviously, Luke likes it and stated so in the manly I don't care about decorating way of doing things. To have some fun, you could always get something you know he won't like and see what he says. (Like, buy an ugly sheer shower curtain and tell him you like the it better than the Monkeys and then see what he says!)

kira said...

Serene, I just love how you tell stories. I always get a good laugh out of your blog posts and then have to tell Jon all about them. We miss you guys!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Well, it's a relief to know that so far, everyone likes it. I found it at Kohls. It was pretty pricey which is why I only got it cause it was on sale. The kids sure like it. Savannah is always in there talking to the monkeys. Maybe someday I will be able to afford the matching towels.

justine said...

Hi Serene,
I found your blog and love the crazy adventures of your family. very sweet, you have an entertaining way of getting the story across... I love it!
best of luck in Idaho and keep in touch. http://caseyandjustine.blogspot.com
our blog isn't near as fun as yours, but it works for us. :)
Thanks for everything you did to contribute to the activities committee, we sure appreciated everything you both did. Thanks.
Have a great adventure today!!

justine said...

oh, and I love that you have countertops in the bathroom--AWESOME :)

Emily said...

I think the monkey decor is really cute and lots of fun for kids. It's fun to be able to keep up on your family. We miss you. The playground is so lonely now.
The picture of Jacob with his haircut is so cute. I swear he's the cutest little boy. Oh, I've been meaning to comment about your trip up to Idaho. I'm so sorry! I would have lost my mind! I hope you like Idaho. We'll have to visit when we go up there.

Elizabeth said...

Cute! I love Kohl's! There's always a good deal to be found there. Hope you guys are doing well in Idaho!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...