May 12, 2008

What a Trip!

What do you get when you combine two, two-year old boys, glass food storage, sliding closet doors, a soft wood table, and a fork? Perhaps a modern-day Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn? Hmmm.... I'll just let you think about that for a minute while I get the whole story going.
I went down to Layton Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and stayed with one of my best friends, Sarah Elliot and her husband Spencer, so I could see my brother Caleb while he was in town. Sarah and Spencer have two boys, Ephraim and Jacob.
Things were going just swell... until Friday morning. I should have seen the signs that disaster was on the horizon after Joseph took a fork to their soft wood table, pounding several fork marks into the top. While they assured me the table already had plenty of "character" marks, I still felt horrible. We survived the rest of the day then went to a park that night and met up with some more old friends from Florida (I will get back to that in a minute). But Saturday morning, I was reading to Savannah back in the bedroom when I hear some commotion. I go out to see what is wrong and there is Sarah carrying her son Ephraim who is COVERED in jelly into the bathroom followed closely by Caleb carrying Joseph looking exactly the same way. Apparently Caleb and Sarah heard breaking glass and rushed down to the basement to see the boys playing in this...
and this...



Spencer and Caleb trying to clean up the mess.

After everything was cleaned up, Ephraim sat there looking totally innocent, as if nothing had happened, and Joseph, looking like he had just done the coolest thing in the whole world.
And yet, remarkably, these two still had more mischief in them. Just before we left to come back, they were playing in Sarah and Spencer's clothes closet that has sliding doors. Well, after a loud crash and Savannah yelling at the top of her lungs that something bad had just happened, we find the closet door busted off. Personally, I have decided that these boys could out-do any natural disaster.
Anyway, back to the park Friday night. We tried to collect some old Florida friends who were in Utah for a party but only a couple people showed. Bill Andrus, Jason and Nicole Maughan, Katrina Maughan, Hannah Richins and of course Sarah Elliot, Caleb and myself. But it was fun. We had a big water gun fight and it was Jacob's birthday that day so we had some cake for him.


Caleb, Sarah, Hannah, Bill





We had trouble lighting his candle because it was so windy.

Joseph helping Jacob with his water gun


Jason and Savannah trying to squirt Katrina and Nicole who were hiding in the car





Me and Caleb
Spencer, Sarah, Me, Caleb

1 super cool people speak:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Seems you have been given some payback...from some of the escapades you and your siblings had done....like...getting into old paint cans...and remodeling the inside of a company trailor??? (smile)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...