April 11, 2012

Serene's Chocolate Toffee Cookies

Sometimes I tease Hubby that he only married me for my chocolate chip cookies.

In college it was my one specialty, the one thing I never failed to get wrong in my early cooking career.

I know, shocker. Then again, I was good at making anything chocolatey, especially brownies... from a box.

So after I tweaked and tested and experimented, I came up with a rather delicious alternative to the cookie, I was beyond relieved when it was a huge hit and was even asked for the recipe after sharing them!

I'm feeling rather proud of myself, not all my experiments are this successful. Just ask Hubby!

On second thought, don't. He'll have too many tales to tell. Eh hem....

Anyway, I decided I would share the recipe and you guys can come back and tell me what you think.

At least Hubby loved them! Good thing too. Because after almost nine years of marriage,


he still doesn't know what to think of me.

What can I say? Awkward is my middle name!



Good thing I know how to make one yummy cookie.



Serene's Chocolate Toffee Cookies

COOKIE
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup butter-flavored crisco
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flours


Heat oven to 350*.


Beat butter, crisco, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Mix in soda, salt and flour until well mixed. Dough should be soft but easily handled. Roll into one inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart as the dough will spread flat.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow cookies to completely cool.

TOPPING
2 bags milk chocolate chips
2 tbsp crisco
1 bag toffee bits


In a microwavable bowl, add ONE bag of chocolate chips and ONE tablespoon on crisco. Microwave for one minute then stir until all chips are melted and chocolate is smooth. Heat for another 15 seconds if necessary.

Scoop a mound of chocolate onto your cookie and smooth with the back of the spoon. (I just used a large dinner spoon) Coat all the cookies.
Using another spoon, scoop out a mound of toffee bits and sprinkle onto each cookie.
One bag of chocolate chips should coat half the cookies. Melt the other bag with remaining tablespoon of crisco and repeat until all cookies are coated.

Cool in fridge until chocolate hardens.

Enjoy!

6 super cool people speak:

Michelle {Fun On A Dime} said...

Those look yummy!

Susan Anderson said...

Looks good to me.

And I laughed out loud at your picture.

=D

Vanessa said...

i will be sure to try these. I thought you were going to say that the other bag of chocolate chips were for snacking on while making them.

So now you might want to add another bag for the recipe.

Spencer said...

They look absolutely delicious! Any chance of sending some to the Sunshine Coast! Lol!

Doran & Jody said...

Oh these look delish!!
I can't wait to try them so I can mess them up! I'm good like that.

Sarah said...

I keep eyeing that recipe like I'm going to get up and do something about it this time. :)
And I LOVE that picture! AWESOME! I'm laughing again. :) You rock beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...