April 3, 2012

Laundry Miracles

I want to document this moment.

This pivotal, once in a lifetime, monumental occasion.

My posterity will stand in awe, my family with be impressed, my friends will ask me how I ever managed to achieve it. I will be asked to give tips and offer advice.




Okay not really.


But still, this is such a rare occasion for me that I had to take a moment and show off my grand accomplishment.

This is my laundry basket.


Notice anything special about it? Huh, huh? Do ya? Do ya!?


IT'S EMPTY!!

And I swear on my stash of chocolate that I did not dump out the dirty laundry behind me and pretend. I honest to goodness have all my laundry done!

*sigh* What a beautiful and...... sadly temporary sight.

I quite literally spent the majority of my day cleaning yesterday. I'm not sure what it says about me to note that the only thing that got completely done is the living room and the laundry.


*awkward silence*



Anyway, so yes, sit in awe and amazement.

Offer congratulations.

Send me chocolate.




Just don't ask to see my kitchen.

15 super cool people speak:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Enjoy it while it alst. It never does in my house. :)

The Hulls said...

My laundry basket is ALWAYS empty. The clean clothes are piled on my bed (and on the floor when I'm sleeping) and the dirty clothes are next to the laundry basket on the floor in the laundry room. "sigh" Such accomplishment!

Susan Anderson said...

Hey, two things is good! And they both start with L. (that shows organization)

heehee

;)

Momza said...

Smart to take a picture of it. You may want to print it out and frame it, so you remember it always--especially when you can't see the bottom of the basket on somedays. It will remind you that at least on one day, it was empty! You go girl!

Heather S said...

marvelous. my laundry basket was empty yesterday. for 2 whole hours.

Stacy said...

Now see, if I posted a picture of an empty laundry basket, someone in my house would be guaranteed to vomit all over bedsheets within hours. Hopefully, your laundry stays clean!

Jill Campbell said...

Wow, that is a miracle. Or at least it would be at my house. My husband's started doing laundry because he prefers that to going naked. I like it too (him doing laundry) except when I have to go get my clothes out of my 11 year old sons closet.

CB said...

Fantastic! Those moments don't come along too often!!

JennaK said...

Laundry is an endless task, especially with so many people in the house. When my laundry basket is empty, the laundry hampers are usually full.

Amy said...

Oh the loveliness of that feeling!
Eh, don't worry about the kitchen. Revel in your victory instead.

balloongal said...

Way to go. That is quite an accomplishment with kids. Gold star for the day.
-Kristin Telford

Gina said...

This is why I HATE laundry. Even though you had it all done, you DIDN'T have it all done.

Because everyone in your house had clothes on. Those clothes are dirty.

Laundry: Not Done.

Ever.

And that is why I hate laundry. Someday I plan to finish the laundry while naked, and stay naked for the rest of the day, just so I can say, really and truly, "the laundry is DONE."

Course. The kids need to be out of the house... cuz... awkward.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! You guys are so funny!

And just FYI, I checked all the bedrooms, closets, and bathrooms for any looked over clothes. I was good for a whole three hours!

But yes, I did realize that all the clothes we were wearing would be in my basket that night.

*sigh* What can ya do.

Sarah said...

You ROCK Girl! I LOVE you! I hope your vacation had lots of fabulous moments, if not the entire thing. :)
Love you!

Angel Day said...

What happened to the handles?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...