January 15, 2009

Hurry Up And Wait!

It only takes one. Just having one baby early and suddenly you expect all the rest to follow suit! But, oh no! These kids have a mind of their own, that's for darn sure! Don't they know its psychologically damaging to a mother for one to come early and for one to take their sweet time? 
Now, I know what you all are thinking,"Oh calm down Serene, you still have a week left! What's the big hurry?"
Only a mother, who has been pregnant, and is not one of those crazy women who actually enjoys pregnancy understands the overwhelming desire to have the baby out.
Also, it is very hard mentally when the doctors keep saying things like, "Wow, looks about this baby is ready to come!" Or "I wouldn't be surprised if I saw you in the hospital tonight!"
Such language was used at my last two doctors appointments. 
So, you get all excited and ready, anticipation is beating down on you and then... nothing. Its definitely a hurry up and wait situation and it totally messes with your mind.
So, here I sit, still pregnant, trying not to think too much on the fact that I'm still pregnant.

In other news...

Remember that picture of Joseph down below of him shoveling hot chocolate mix into his mouth as fast as possible before he got caught?
Well, since that picture has been been taken, I have caught both Savannah and Joseph crouched down in the corner of the kitchen with fist fulls of chocolate chips trying to cram as much as possible down before they get caught.

Naturally I felt upset that they would do that, especially so secretively. Then I remembered doing the exact same thing all growing up! 
Since sugar was quite scarce in or house (Oh trust me, you think you had health conscious parents? Try having a mom why made you pick a couple pieces of your Halloween candy and then throwing the rest away! Oh yea, total sugar Nazi! Love you mom!  =)  we would hunt high
 and low for any kind of "stash" my parents had.
Dad was the one who usually had the treats. Chips were way up on the top shelf of the glass cabinet, chocolate was in his underwear drawer (oh my that's awkward to type) and my mom would often keep stashes of sweets around her office space, in drawers and such.
So, I guess I can't be too upset with my kids, its only natural! Hehehe, at least it is for me!

Well, I'm off to get some sleep!

5 super cool people speak:

Mama Smith said...

Oh...the good ol' days...Being a SUGAR NAZI Mother...was to keep me from..."terminating" 8 bouncing off-the-wall...children who had "sugar" going through their veins instead of good ol' fashion all-American red blood...By-the-way...love hearing all the "confessions" as you children feel safe once you are married...(smile) But, being the WISE mother that I was...I would again...become "HEIL MOTHER!!!" (smile)

Kira said...

Your little girl is just teaching you to be patient. My 1st was 9 days early, then 14 days early, then 31 days early, then....3 days from his due date, Sam shows up!! I know what your going through.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh man! That would throw me off so bad!!! I probably would have gone crazy!

Madame Coin said...

Seriously, that last week is just plain hell.

I hated knowing that I was literally CRAZY insane, and couldn't do anything about it except wait.

Nicole said...

In my family we just ate spoonfuls of sugar when my mom wasn't looking. Talk about sugar high...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...