January 22, 2009

I'm Still Here

Before you think anything, I will just say it. I'm still pregnant.
Yes indeed, this little girl has wrapped her feet in my ribs, grabbed hold of my bladder and is holding on for dear life to avoid that tunnel of light. Here's my proof. 
I think that baby up there at the top of my blog is going to get knocked out of that pink car by the banner.

Um yea, sorry about the goofy face. 
My mom couldn't wait to show me what she had brought and what some good friends had sent for the new baby.

I know I've slacked on my blog this week but my mom flew in on Tuesday and was brought up to Idaho by my sister Becka and her friend Alisha.
The thing is, when you are expecting company, naturally you clean the house. But when little kids are involved, its a two to fifty five step process. The number is really dependent on the destruction level of your kids and I would also have to say how many of them there are.
First, there is the deep clean, you know, organization, bathroom, laundry, things like that. Although, as noted before, the deep clean may have to be repeated a couple times. 
Then there is the "look good" clean. This step is repeated over and over and over and... well, you get the point. Its all that last minute stuff you do to impress your guests and make them believe that what they are seeing is really what your house looks like all the time! This process is indeed in process right up until you hear that knock on the door. And as you make your way to open it you still have to kick that toy under the couch and toss that shirt into the closet.
All this is done for about 1.75 minutes of impressing before all your work is forgotten and destroyed in the battle between the kids to show off for the guests.
(sigh) And what a glorious 1.75 minutes its was.
Then of course, it is very difficult to blog when your guests are sleeping in the room with your computer. 
So, that's my excuse.

Anyhow, let me introduce my insanely crazy sister.

There are no words to accurately describe her... pizazz. Let's just say she keeps things interesting, never a dull moment. And believe me, what you are about to see, its a mere smudge on the wall of her great handiwork. I think my kids were really sad when she left this afternoon.







I have just discovered that Jacob really, really, loves cream cheese. 





There is oh so very much more. But this will just have to do for now.

3 super cool people speak:

Jami West said...

You are SO SO SO cute!!! I love that picture of you! I hope this happens soon so you can be a little more comfortable! John and I were just talking about you today. All great stuff...promise :-) I miss you guys. Looks like a fun party over at your place. Your kids are so stinkin cute! Good luck. I can't wait to see the next post with pictures of you sweet little girl.

ldsjaneite said...

You look fantastic!!!! Hope she comes soon!

Mona said...

Oh it is too wonderful to see you, your kiddos and beautiful Rebecca. I so relate to your clever description of the cleaning "steps". My in-laws were driving to see me cross country in their RV. At the same stage of mommyhood you are (several kids and pregnant) it became a full-time job to get and keep the house clean for the 2 days before their arrival. I worked so hard at it right up until the last minute, that it didn't even occur to me that I hadn't gotten ME clean yet. When I greeted them at the front door and welcomed them into my Good Housekeeping home, I was in a tattered sweat outfit, bare feet, not a trace of make-up and a pony-tail with untamed whisks of frizzy hair falling into my eyes.
That's taking it a bit too far, don't you think?
Mona

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...