January 13, 2009

"I Like Kissing Boys"


Okay, no more "Little Mermaid" for that girl!
After watching that movie, Savannah starts a conversation about kissing boys! 
Okay, first of all, I didn't have my first kiss until I was 18 years old. AND, I've only ever kissed two guys, the guy I dated before Luke, and of course, Luke!
Boys were scary!  I don't think I even noticed one until I was 12 years old!
So, after she declares that she likes kissing boys, I did my to explain to her that we shouldn't just kiss any boy or our kisses won't be special, blah blah. And what does Savannah keep asking, "But why?" "Why don't we kiss boys?" "Why, why, why!"
Oh boy, trying to explain this to a four year old is intense! It reminds me of the "how did you get a baby in your tummy" question.
She goes on to say that she gives daddy kisses, and her brothers kisses. All of which I told her was okay and good! But kissing other boys isn't a good thing to do until you are much bigger and older. She finally agreed with an emphatic, "that's right, we don't kiss boys!" 
Whew, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take!!
Where's the "how to" manual for this stuff? 

9 super cool people speak:

Mama Smith said...

Sorry, NO MANUAL...(smile)

Meagan said...

So, my parents also didn't love Little Mermaid. She was a rebelious teenager who talks back to her father, leaves home, falls in love, and gets married at the young age of sixteen. I remember thinking they were dorks, but maybe they had a point...

Kelly said...

Oh these girls! While they have such good hearts, they can be so hard to mold! Got to love the fun conversations... I am dreading the day of "how did the baby get in your tummy?" questions. I know it will be soon. ahah

Madame Coin said...

All I have to say is I kissed my first boy when I was in kindergarten.

I thought it was that way for lots of girls? Maybe not.

But I took a break from 2nd grade until 9th. I know, I'm so wicked. Before I was 16 even!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL, actually, I think I'm more the exception than the rule.
I cried the first time a boy held my hand at 10 years old. I didn't realize what he was doing at first. When I finally figured it out, I thought we were doing something so bad I went and confessed all to my mom while crying! LOL

Brittney said...

haha.. after reading the title of the post I thought you were going to tell us all why you like kissing boys, Serene!

Kira said...

In the movie Enchanted, "True loves kiss is the most powerful thing in the world." People get really mad if you give it to the wrong person.

Pam said...

Little Mermaid has always been Katrina's favorite movie. That's all I'm saying about that one...

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Okay, I seriously laughed out loud when I read that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...