May 9, 2011

My kids think I'm awethome!

I'm not sure what's worse. Making a late Walmart run the night before Valentine's Day or the night before Mother's Day.

Either way, the over-population in the isles tend to be about 80% male. It's quite entertaining really.

Obviously, a lot of men plan ahead.


Anyway, have you noticed how most (yes I'm generalizing) Mother's Day gifts seem to fall under four main categories: Treats, Cards, Flowers, and Jewelry.

I too reaped the benefits of this special day.

TREATS

I made sure while I was cruising... err, rather waddling through the estrogen crowded isles, that I got myself a little treat.

Or two.

Or three.

I lost count. Err, pregnancy brain, you know?

I figured I had the right to pamper myself seeing it was practically Mother's Day.

Umm... I guess this means every trip to the store is like Mother's Day. Eh hem....

Don't worry, I did share with my family.

A little.


CARDS


Joseph made this for me in his Primary class at church. As you can see, it reads:

JOSEPH
I LOVE
nUG YOT   (picture of a gun)

Apparently you either need Joseph to translate that last line for you, which he did, hold the paper up to the mirror so you can read it, or simply feel grateful that the primary teacher made sure you understood what it said.

Who knew writing Mother's Day cards was like writing a card to Santa?

Although granted, I do kind of look like Santa these days....



FLOWERS

I got some pretty awesome flowers this year. Truly.

I received the typical flowers from church, which the kids have been fighting over all day, flowers from Savannah, which they made at school, and a weed flower from Alayna, which Savannah was kind enough to put into a old plastic honey container vase for me.



Oh wow, I can sense the intense jealousy from you readers through my computer screen.

If you want, I'd be more than willing to give you your own special weed flower. We have plenty to go around and yes, I am rather generous like that.

You're welcome.


JEWELRY

But I confess, of all the little papers and cards, hugs and umm... flowers I received, I think my favorite gift of all this year, was my awesome Mother's Day pin that Joseph had made for me in preschool.


I mean, let's be honest, how many of you out there received your very own Animal Cracker Mother's Day Pin?

I know, it's awesome.

And yes, I really did wear it with great pride to church.


And please ignore the bloated "I'm about ready to fall asleep right now" look on my face.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

At one point, Joseph leaned over to me and said, "Mom? You're so awethome."

And do you know why I'm so awethome?

Because I made my kids macaroni and cheese for dinner, and they loved it.

Honest.

16 super cool people speak:

the fowlers said...

all of that is so cute i just want to die.
and i do the same thing with treats at the grocery store. sometimes i think i should put something back, but i really do need all of it. i mean, the baby does.

Neisha said...

looks like you had a great mother's day :)

Cassie said...

How did I not notice your beautiful animal pin?? I am jealous!

Susan Anderson said...

Animal cracker pins are the best! Look out, Etsy!

;)

JennaK said...

LOVE it!

TisforTonya said...

the animal cracker pin is awethome too :)

I will miss the great gifts from the little kids someday soon... the teenagers no longer bring me weeds or handprint cards... they just talk Dad into buying cupcakes that I can share :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You absolutely scored!!!
You truly are awthome.

Such cute pictures. Macaroni and cheese. It doesn't get better than that.

Jenny P. said...

I got church flowers too. And a card, and a long, uninterrupted nap. the nap was totally the best part.

Impulsive Addict said...

You are so funny! What a lucky MOMMA!! I am loving that animal cracker pendent. It sure is pretty! =)

Happy Late Mothers Day!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yeah, you are althsome...or however you spelled that!

Best part of my day...I didn't have to cook and I took a long Sunday nap!

ldsjaneite said...

And to think last night my uncles and I were talking about how moms DON'T have to worry about the kids fighting over Mother's Day flowers from Church. I guess you've proved us wrong.

Glad you got yourself treats for Mother's Day--and all those other days, too.

Garvin Smith said...

Be sure to save the pin for about twenty years. Remember how you felt about all the stuff you made me?

Mama Smith said...

I LOVED this post...Truly...memories of years gone by...Just wish I had a digital camera back then...to capture all those darling moments!
I still have a few things...cards, etc. I have SCANNED some of them in...cause...they are getting a bit "dog-eared"...(smile) LOVE the picture of you and Joseph! I must agree with Joseph...you are "awethome"! (smile)

mCat said...

if all it takes is making mac and cheese to become awethome, I think I will give that a try!

Cluttered Brain said...

Mac n cheese is the BEST.
#justsayin

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Oh sweetheart! I am proud of you for wearing your pin to church! ABSOLUTELY. This all relates to my post at MMB this week: "Romance the Hearts of the Children". You've obviously got that down!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...