May 17, 2011

The "s" and the "p" word just don't belong in the same sentence

The first time I ever heard them used in the same breath, was from the mouth of my very own sister.

My sister!!

How are we even related? Perhaps we should do a blood test, compare toe nails and nose hairs, there's something fishy about all this. And I don't like seafood.

Sorry, I know some of you just took me off your blog list because of that. At least I love to swim, which by all accounts makes me part fish. So don't hate me for not being a cannibal.

I mean, my own sister!? I remember when she first let those two words slip from her mouth at the same time. I was stunned into silence! Which believe me, is quite a feat. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers... err, rather, my scales.

I just listened to her, stared even, gaped, caught a fly while my mouth drooped to the floor, totally dumbfounded. Did I just hear her right? Anyone got a Q-tip? I need to pull a Shrek and clean out my ears.

How could this be? How could you possibly use those two words in the same sentence? The horror I tell you!!

And to my total and complete astonishment, I have recently discovered there are two people on this planet who use the "s" and the "p" word in the same sentence.

I was chatting with my neighbor, who reads this from time to time by the way, (just know I *double heart pound, peace sign* you girl!) and as we were talking, she too confessed.

I just... I mean... how is such a thing possible?

How can someone possibly say that they feel "sexy" when they're "pregnant"?

Cute, I can handle. Beautiful is pushing it. But... but, sexy?

Did you REALLY just use those two words in the same sentence... positively??

*sigh* Some people have all the luck. I want to be just like them when I grow up.

In the meantime, I'll continue to keep all the mirrors in my house covered for nine months.

20 super cool people speak:

Larsen said...

hahah. I have to agree. I usually have never felt sexy. Cute on a few occasions, in the early early stages, but I hear you!

Wonder Woman said...

I feel beautiful pregnant, but never sexy. Your sister's weird. ;)

Kristina P. said...

You should be the Mormon Demi Moore and pose for the cover of The Ensign.

Susan Anderson said...

I NEVER felt sexy when pregnant.

And I never looked sexy, either.

Trust me.

;)

the fowlers said...

I don't know if I could ever say I felt sexy - at least not the "sexy" that I see in all those creepy maternity photos.
I usually feel beautiful. Probably because I can be huge and nobody can judge me. ;)

Cheeseboy said...

I spent the 5 minutes reading this trying to figure out what the P and S words were. My wife has been both of these words at the same time before too.

Brittney said...

hahaha... ummm... i dunno, I have a hard time linking pregnancy with sexiness. Beautiful I'm totally okay with.. sexy? well i won't throw it out just yet.

Amy said...

Sexy?? While pregnant???? ugh. I felt anything but.

They've got a very healthy self esteem.

I have to confess I was dying to know what the "s" and "p" words were so my eyes glanced ahead in the post. The rest of it was too funny to skip over, so I had to go back and read it!

The Tolmans said...

I guess I confess! But love that I am mentioned in the blog! I feel so privileged. But it's true, I feel incredibly beautiful AND SEXY when I'm pregnant!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ya, what Kristina said.
NOT!
Sexy and pregnant weren't in the same sentence with me EVER!

But you are tall, you could probably pull off the sexy tall pregger woman.

mCat said...

I'm like cheeseboy, I spent the first 5 minutes of reading, and re-reading trying to figure out what the S and the P words were. THe real ones were much more toned down than the ones I had figured them to be.

And sexy and pregnant never belong together. Ever.

Jenny P. said...

Where's your neighbor? And your sister?

Girls, I'm with you. I'm not saying I feel sexy ALL the time when I'm pregnant, but it's totally possible. TOTALLY.

TisforTonya said...

bwah-hah.. well said girl.

ManOfTheHouse says it's possible (notice he didn't say I'd ACCOMPLISHED the feat... just that it's possible) (okay, to be fair I didn't really ask him)

but hey, we're fish eaters around here - does our opinion count anyway?

Saimi said...

Time has a way of warping the mind.
Yeah, I like to see them say that while in their last trimester!

Although you look adorable!

Stef said...

Haha. Yeah, I would never. First off, sexy is what brought me to this point and pregnant was the result. But besides the fact that at 4 months I look like I am 8 months...sexy is not the word I would use to describe how I feel.
But some people were raised differntly than the rest of us.

Charlotte said...

Those two words are never meant to be together unless there is a "not" somewhere between them.

Angel Day said...

Which sister? I'm curious...

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I love my body best when I'm pregnant, though maybe not sexy.

It looks like your almost done. I guess you won't be sexy much longer. :)

amber_mtmc said...

OOOO I do feel sexy when pregnant. Love it.

Vanessa said...

Well I have to say, I do like being pregnant, and have felt beautiful from time to time while pregnant. But felt like a cow too. My husband always told me I was Sexy, but I think he was just trying to make me feel better. Personally S and the P don't go together here either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...