May 16, 2011

Fairy Dust

The upside to Hubby working on the basement, is that... well, he's working on the basement! This, of course is the process needed for completion. 

I know, my intellect is astounding. You may call me 'Captain Obvious' and offer me gifts of intrinsic and cocoa value.

We're just working on the family room for now, which is almost done, *yippeeee* but I think it will offer up a whole new world for us.  The space to play inside will be SO nice, especially for the kids! Pictures will be coming soon!

The downside?

It has already opened up a whole new world of play space for the kids.

La de da de da....


Just sprinkle a little fairy dust here... and throw a dab there...


Huh? What mom? Mess? What mess? This is fairy dust! I just need to think happy thoughts! 


I firmly believe she did it because I had just mopped the floor in the kitchen and vacuumed the living room. And when I told her she needed to get in the bathtub, she just marched her little self right into the kitchen and headed to the bathroom, through the living room of course.

See? Cleaning is like an open invitation to your kids to do something really messy.

They have a sixth sense about these things.

That, and they always seem to know when you're hiding candy from them.

How do they do that?

11 super cool people speak:

Saimi said...

Magic, it's all in the dust! She's a cute little fairy!!

Cluttered Brain said...

lol....Oh my.
At least you are getting the basement done...And kids always make messes...and also...children can also hear you unwrap that candy bar...
it's so true...
HIDE that chocolate...or eat it behind a locked door...

Susan Anderson said...

I don't know, but I've never mopped my floor without having something spilled on it the same day. Something sticky.

And that's true even now that my kids are grown!

;)

TisforTonya said...

hey, at least your candy stash was safe right? Much easier to wipe up a little fairy dust than to run to the store and fill a shopping cart with candy :)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Kids are amazing....what can I say! :)

Sandra said...

No biggies, right, she just needed to be vacuumed before being allowed on any other floor of the house.

amber_mtmc said...

The only time our house has ever stayed clean, after I cleaned it, was when we left for a walk immediately afterward--and EVEN THEN they managed to spill cheerios on their way outside.

ailinh said...

Kids! They're a master whisperers when it comes to the good and the messy in life!

mCat said...

Even with adults in the house, we can't seem to keep a room clean for very long.

Mama Smith said...

Alayna + fairy dust= cuteness

What a formula!Do you think it would transform me into "cuteness"? Ah...I think I would need more than a floor-full of "fairy dust"...):

Garvin Smith said...

Do you remember when I was building Mama's flower boxes in the front yard, soon after we moved to the Ibis Road house? You and Jenny played in the yellow sawdust from the landscaping timbers, calling it "gold"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...