May 1, 2012

Supporting the Little People

I usually try to avoid any sort of shameless self-promotion on here because this place is sacred. This little blog is a shrine to all my not-perfected-ness. Obviously. I mean, come on, pish I know you covet my squishy arms and always insanely destroyed house.

This is where I show the world how to be unperfect, just like me!

But I suppose in an effort to support my friends and family, I can risk getting stoned by shamelessly promoting a little ole' Facebook Auction that is happening over on my craft page.

See, this is how it all came about.

I have many talented sisters, sisters-in-law, and friends (yes, a do have one... maybe two, thank-you-very-much) who can sew and create and craft and beautify. The trouble is, when you are raising a family, or in school, or life comes at you hard, or whatever the situation is, time and money are often lacking. This makes it hard for these gals to generate any sort of income using their talents because time and costs won't allow them to.

So, I came up with an idea that we could pool every one's items into a monthly facebook auction. This way there is no pressure to keep up constant inventory or spend oodles of money trying to get a large supply of products together. They could make a few things here and there and try to sell them for a little money.

So, I am pleased to announce our first ever Mommy Auction! I originally called it the Stay-At-Home Mommy Auction but really, it's for anyone who would like to try and earn a little something extra.



I hope you'll all take a few minutes to browse their lovely hand-crafted products. Even if you aren't interested in buying anything, I hope you'll "like" your favorite items so they know what to make more of in the future. And if you are feeling REALLY generous, maybe you would share it on your facebook page as well. The auction runs until midnight on Thursday.

So there you have it. 

If you think you might like to take part in these monthly auctions in the future please contact me at serenebooks@gmail.com and we can chat!

Thanks so much everyone for supporting these amazing moms.

Oh, and for not stoning me.

Ya, that too.

2 super cool people speak:

Susan Anderson said...

Super idea! I'll go check it out.

=)

Jo Bush said...

Love your blog! New follower but I am nodding along with so much of what you write xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...