June 23, 2012

Why I Don't Have an Advise Blog

Everywhere I turn on the Internet there are people offering ideas and advise; especially, it seems, on parenting. 

How to play with them, how not to play with them. How to feed them, how not to feed them. How to discipline them, how not to discipline them. How to raise them, how not to raise them.

Gah!

So it is good to know that my children are always doing something highly important, extremely productive, thoroughly creative, and vigorously intelligent.


I'm especially proud of the way my children taught the neighbor kids how to play "Road Kill". 



And the importance of learning to speak "Cricket".


I recognize that these are rare, admirable, and highly coveted skills that all parents would wish their kids to possess.

See? I could start up my own advise blog!



Nah.

Besides, I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my secrets on say... how to blow up kitchenware, or how to back into the garage door while it's still opening. And I know people are dying to know how come my children are so logical, and why they are such profound readers and home decorators.

But these are skills, true talent that I'm just not sure I'm ready to impart with.

I hope you understand.

9 super cool people speak:

Amy said...

I remember doing the exact same thing they're doing when I was a kid. And I think I turned out pretty good.

Maybe your kids will be the only normal, well-adjusted people among a sea of over-parented freaks when they're adults.

Interesting...

Mama Smith said...

LOVE GOOD OL' FASHION...IMAGINATION for use of time....LOVE IT!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Love the road kill!!! Hilarious.

Unknown said...

I have a darling friend who just found out she is pregnant with #4 (oldest is 4). She said to me, "I need to find a blog to read of a young mom with lots of kids so I can see how she does it and find encouragement."

Naturally I send her over here, immediately!

You are amazing Serene!

Susan Anderson said...

You make mom-ing fun!

;)

Doran & Jody said...

Bahahahaha!

Larsen said...

This was a great post! I was laughing at that cricket shot. That is speedy lens skillz at work!

You've got all kinds of killer advice. I take it all the time, esp. when you say ADD CHOCOLATE.

balloongal said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Road Kill! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Lara Neves said...

I want to come visit your house someday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...