June 17, 2013

Father's Day


I confess. I didn't even look at my Father's Day pinterest board this year. *sigh* 

I know right? What kind of a woman am I? Oh the shame!

No cutesy cards, no kid decorated aprons. No cute pictures or funny poems. *hanging head*

And the guys didn't even get candy at church because it was Stake Conference, so I had nothing to exercise my wifely prerogative on and (lovingly) confiscate it from Hubby.

However, while Hubby was off at a meeting in the morning, I did make biscuits and gravy and... did the dishes!

And for dinner he grilled up some steaks that I actually marinated!

Wahoo! Happy Father's Day!

Best wifey ever. Right here. Boo-yah!


........ What? I dare say he appreciated those things very much.

So there.

Besides, we had already worked out that as a birthday / Father's Day present, he'd get himself a new suit.

'Cause, gracious sakes, men are hard to shop for.



There is no question that the kids love their daddy.

So much.





And in all truth and honesty, he is a rather marvelous father. Not perfect, but marvelous.

He spent well over an hour with our oldest daughter yesterday using the scriptures to help her understand her eternal worth as a daughter of God and that it is okay not to be perfect, because no one is.


Love him.





And to my own dad...

I tried to find a good picture of us but the most recent ones I have were either of you right before, or smack dab in the middle of your chemo therapy.

This was the best I could come up with.


I'm sure you understand the significance.

Happy Father's Day!

5 super cool people speak:

Mama Smith said...

My favorite part of this post was Luke spending time with Savannah...WISH ALL FATHERS would use PRECIOUS TIME in this manner! What a GIFT your daughter has been given!

Heather S said...

{warning sappy comment ahead} :) I think the best gift for any special occasion is TIME spent together.
Spending time creates memories that last longer than any earthly gift, no matter how nice.
At the end of the day, the kids love Daddy as much as he loves them.. without fancy bells and whistles.

Saimi said...

You married a wonderful man! What a great dad he is!!

Mary Lou said...

Serene....
Our church handed out Hershey chocolate bars, as per usual on Father's Day. ;)
Biscuits and gravy?! Plus marinated steaks?! I cannot speak for your hubby, but that would be enough to make my Dad's Father's Day!! No gifts needed. So. Good job, Friend!! ;-D
--Raelyn

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, spill the beans. What's the deal about the last pic?

What? Do you have his feet???

Fill us in.

;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...