October 9, 2012

Keeping it Real

 
Last night for family night, I decided we would finally decorate for fall and Halloween! Yea!
 
Pretty soon it was bedtime however, so after putting the kids to bed instead of finishing or cleaning up, I had to go work on putting together the October "Made by Moms Auction".
 
As luck would have it, I accidentally slept in this morning and flew out of bed with all the grace of a drunk flamingo and in a mere twenty minutes had all the kids up, dressed, fed, and running out to catch the bus.
 
So now, my house looks like this.
 

 


The photos don't do it justice. You can't see all the evil Kix cereal that is everywhere!

I hate Kix.

I also didn't take pictures of the bedrooms for a reason. Eh hem.....

See?

Now don't you just feel so much better about yourself!


You're welcome.


All I can say is, at this moment I'm glad Hubby is out of town.

He'd have a heart attack for sure.

13 super cool people speak:

Mama Smith said...

Ah...made my day! Hmmm...what is my excuse? I don't have little children...to point fingers at anymore...Opps! Hmmm...must be your dad...(smile)










Unknown said...

I wish I had the "The kids did it!" excuse. >.< Serene, you never fail to make me smile. Keep being so blinking awesome. ;) :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Haha, nice mom. Very nice.

Shaylee Ann - Let's not think about how much of this really is my mess.... :D

Stacy said...

My favorite is the kids on the counter. My little ones do that all the time and it drives me BATTY! Last weekend, my house was a ridiculous mess, and I texted a friend that it looked like I was living in the pit of despair. Except, oops, I actually texted the mom of one of my students. Super awesome.

Charlotte said...

Are houses capable of looking cleaner?!? I think you get an automatic handicap per kid. That means as long as I am a step below Hoarders, I can count it clean.

Neisha said...

my house has looked like that in the last 7 weeks of morning sickness that lasted all day...finally getting around to cleaning off layers of dust and dirt

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh Neisha! Congrats!! I didn't know! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Michelle said...

Ha ha! My house is full of Kix this week too! Payson makes about 3 of the 10 into his mouth every handful... They are worse than Cheerios cuz they roll all over!

Serene said...

Haha! So true Michelle!

Brenick said...

this is just what we call "normal". you dont want to see our version of "messy".

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! I definitly wouldn't call this our worst for sure! But I need to maintain a teeny bit of dignity around here. ;D

Susan Anderson said...

Ahhhh, sweet memories!

;)

Brenick said...

dignity??? hmmm.... not sure im familiar with the word.

lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...