September 18, 2016

Are You Done Yet?


Guys, guys, guys! I am blogging... again!

*rewards self with chocolate*

What? I figure if the reward system works on kids then it should totally work on me, right? I'm a simple soul like that.

Anyway, at the end of my last post I mentioned I had one more family announcement to make. Some of you already know, others have guessed, some really don't care.

No chocolate for those people.

But in case you've placed your bets and are waiting to see if you're correct, here ya go.





From the time Hubby and I had two children, one boy and one girl, people have asked the age-old question, "Are you done?" I suppose people can't help it. We're curious in nature.

When we had four kids, two boys and two girls, our family was OFTEN referred to as "the perfect family". People were horrified when we had the audacity to mess that up by having a fifth.

Then we had six. Three boys and three girls. At this point I just get arched eyebrows and an unsure, "you look too young to have six kids."

Now, I'm not going to lie. I like having an even split of boys and girls. I do. I'm just crazy enough to enjoy the symmetry.

But it felt like someone was missing, like we weren't complete.

So here we are, expecting the caboose to our crew.



I'm not crazy enough to try for four of each.

I considered doing something really fun to announce to Hubby I was pregnant, being our last and all. But in the end I peed on the stick, capped the end with the lid, (I'm not a barbarian) then woke up Hubby by tapping him on the shoulder with it, holding it in front of his bleary eyes and saying, "Congrats. You're going to be a dad."

I think he nodded.

We may have done this a few times. Haha!

We were going to try and wait for a while before telling anyone, but I was so sick the kids were getting worried. So on the 4th of July while driving to the parade, we told them.

They cheered. Then Jacob yelled above the noise, "Quick! Everyone close their eyes and pray mom's having twins!"

HAAAAAAAA! I may have glared at him. Needless to say, they were super bummed when we told them there's only one.

I've thrown up more with this pregnancy than with any of this others but it's not extreme like it is for some women so I'll count my blessing. I've also been far, far sicker at night than in the morning this time around which has actually been a bit of a blessing. I've been able to continue exercising and it makes getting all the kids up and off to school doable.

Bedtime, well..... that's another matter altogether. Let's just not talk it.

I did start showing pretty darn quick though. Another reason why it was useless to try and keep it quiet.



Here's one from a week ago at 17 weeks.

Sorry its a gross bathroom selfie. I took it for my sisters. But hey, here I am sharing it with you. Toilet in the background and all.


We find out what our little tie-breaker is at the end of the month. Our family really is thrilled and excited, even though I am grouchy and hormonal.

And I crave steak.

All the time.

Ooh! Steak. *rummages through freezer*


~Serene


11 super cool people speak:

Unknown said...

Congratulations ! How exciting.I have the short term memory of Dory so this was a lovely surprise as I had already forgotten reading on the last blogpost that you had a surprise to share :)

Doran & Jody said...

Congratulations and good luck! Hopefully you will get feeling better soon!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hahaha! Thanks ladies!! <3

Momza said...

Congratulations! Our tie breaker was our Caboose...she made it 4 girls to 3 boys. So happy for you all!

Mama Smith said...

I am so glad you are attempting to "blog" again...Keeps this Granny entertained....smile

Saimi said...

Congratulations!!! It's always exciting when there's a baby to announce - You look amazing!!

Susan Anderson said...

Congratulations to the whole gang!

I never got very sick to my stomach until my last pregnancy. That one was kinda rough!

You look great.

=)

Kelly said...

Longtime reader here...excited to see your cute face in the dying art realm of the blogosphere. Congrats!! Here are some suggestions when people ask which (boy or girl) you're hoping for, which I used with my last:
Healthy
Human
Anything before 40 weeks :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I love reading everyone's comments! You're all so awesome. :)

Haha! That's perfect, Kelly!

Mrs Abbott said...

Yay! It's a boy! I think!

Valerie said...

Congratulations! I hardly ever read blogs anymore with my crazy schedule, but am glad I saw this one. :) Awesome news.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...