October 14, 2014

A Little Bit of Life


You know, one would think after having a horrendous cough for a week that at the very least, a nice set of six-pack abs would be the reward for all that core toning.

Alas, it is not so.

*sigh* All that unintentional hard work for nothing.

Is it possible to pull a muscle from coughing? Because I swear it felt like I did, right at the base of my rib cage....

Anyhow, it's nice to be able to talk again without having to repeat what I said six or seven times before I am understood through all the coughing.

My kids were starting to give me blank stares every time I tried to talk to them.

~~~~~

Okay, so I wrote the above about a week ago when I started this post.

I assure you that I have spent a good week blissfully cough-free.

Why did I leave in this post you ask?

Because I'm still miffed about the abs thing....


Moving on.


Life in our household has had it's share of your everyday ups and downs.

It's been loud, and messy, and good, and fun, and hard, and crazy. Lots of fighting, Lots of laughs.

You know, the usual.

Homeschooling is going remarkably well.

Not that there haven't been days that have been, eh hem, rough. (to say the least *mumbled quietly under my breath... lovingly of course*)

Like when Joseph had to this science project. We had been discussing the importance of diagrams in science.


You would have thought I had just asked him to go weed the garden with a fork and cut all the grass in the yard with scissors by the way he was moaning and carrying on about it.

Now he is so dang proud of it it's been hanging up in our kitchen for almost two weeks!

One of these days he'll let me take it down.

Maybe.

Joseph's chorea is barely noticeable these unless you knew to look for it. Then you'd see it. But he is doing amazing.

I encouraged him to try painting the other day. He actually seemed to enjoy it instead of being so frustrated with the inability to hold the brush or to control his movements enough to do it.

It's awesome.


Savannah is also doing well with homeschooling and does a lot of this when she has completed her work.



Can't imagine where she gets it from!

Eh hem... *glancing around suspiciously then sneaking a bit reading in while typing this post at the same time*




Alayna and Claira decided a while back that since I am being too slow at putting up my Fall and Halloween decorations, they would take matters into their own hands and decorate their bedroom.





The dried up leaves have been there long enough that most of them have been knocked off or crushed, leaving the stems still taped to the walls and ceiling.

True story.



Jacob is seven. 


I've decided that seven is a reeeeeeeally hard boy age.

The end.



Jackson is just... awesome.

Everyone in the family down-right adores him and he is, quite literally at times, smothered with love.




It's hard not to really. He just has the best little personality one could ask for in an eleven month old.


I am so not looking forward to when he turns seven.

Just sayin'.


But my favorite of all favorite things that he does right now is, whenever we gather for family prayer and the kids all fold their arms, so does he!

Seriously, I can't explain it. It's just simply the cutest thing ever.

Be still my heart. I love it so much.


Well that and, every time he does anything that seems to get more attention than usual, he just tries to do it over and over and over again.

He especially likes to do that with sneezing or coughing.

Okay, so maybe it's not such a fun thing when he starts throwing food on the floor and all the kids start telling him no. The attention simply means, more food on the floor.


In fact, I'm pretty sure that's banana stuck to my foot right now....

7 super cool people speak:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I would not be at all surprised if you pulled a muscle coughing. I have broken a rib coughing......more than once. I agree that anyone who has a cough bad enough to cause themselves damage deserves to get great abs out of it :)

Mama Smith said...

Great...summary...of life in trenches...smile LOVED the DECORATIONS....in the girls room! Still chuckling...

And of course...the little man himself...simply makes me SMILE...especially his HAIR! LOVE IT! smile

Madame Coin said...

Seven IS a hard boy age! Love seeing your family. Emily C

pennylutz said...

Seven is so hard for boys... Eight isn't much better :)

Kira said...

I'm with Penny. Those darling boys of mine are really taxing my college education. I thought I knew something. I don't. My kids are out to prove it.

PS I like Trader Joe's 1 lb dark chocolate bar. I keep it in a secret place. Perhaps you need to visit and I will meet you there. I'm almost out.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Heidi: Broke a rib!? Youchy! That's some hard coughing!

Yes Penny and Kira! Yes! Thank you!

And Kira, Sounds like a great plan. ;)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Thanks Emily! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...