November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
We spent Thanksgiving with the in-laws this year.
 
My children love it when all of Hubby's family gets together because between the nine siblings in that family, there are oodles of cousins to play with! And it just so happens that this year, almost all of them came in for the holiday.
 
My kids were so happy they were choking the life out of each other.
 
Now that's love.
 
 
We drove in Thursday morning and the kids spent the entire day just playing.
 
The rest of us spent the majority of our time eating.
 
Naturally.
 
 
You know in big family gatherings such as this, I am so glad that my children set the example for good manners and behavior.
 
 
 
They also encourage their cousins to follow their example.
 
 
They also take great care of their surroundings.
 
 
What I can I say?
 
Even I'm amazed at their skills.
 
 
Look at these cute little nephews of mine!
 
 
I admit it; I confess it!! I'm super jealous of their bright blue eyes.
 
I always wanted pretty eyes. *sigh*
 
 
And just what is so darn fascinating?
 
 
Heh, should have known.
 
 
 
This was also an exciting Thanksgiving as we got to meet the newest soon-to-be-addition to the family.
 
Hubby's brother Mike is getting married!
 
 
Marcy is down-right awesome and I liked her instantly.
 
She fits in well with the rest of us nutty girls.
 
Let's not point out that I may very well be the only nutty one in the bunch but hey, I didn't want to make any of them feel bad by leaving them out.
 
I like every one of my sister-in-laws, and in a large family, I'd say that's pretty darn good.
 
We had a mini some-what impromptu bridal shower. Since up to then, most of us hadn't met her, no one brought any fuzzy handcuffs.
 

I like to think that secretly she was a little disappointed.

 
We also had a mini family baby shower for Hubby's sister who, after struggling for over ten years, was finally having her first baby!
 
I don't know why I don't have any pictures of it. Sad day.
 
She actually ended up going into labor on Friday and had her baby Saturday via emergency c-section a whole month early.
 
By last report, mom and baby are doing good.
 
 
Soon, the party was over.

 
This is for all my sister-in laws.
 
Save them.
Print them.
Encase them in bullet proof glass.
 
But here are pictures of the guys cleaning up.
 

It's a sister-in-law thing.


The next day we squeezed all the kids into Grandma and Grandpa's house while the guys spent most of their time outside helping around the farm.


 
Late that afternoon, most of the adults decided to go out on a long four-wheeler ride, but we stayed since we needed to leave for home.
 
Hubby had to work all day Saturday. *insert huge frown here*
 
But it was good we didn't go so we could celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday!
 
Which I forgot about AGAIN... but which isn't nearly as bad as Hubby forgetting his own mother's birthday AGAIN!
 
I really need to invest in a calendar.

 

The cake was Barbara's surprise from her dad.


Savannah loves, loves, loves her great-grandpa.


As much as I love this picture, my niece there on the side makes me laugh.

Claira is helping herself to another piece of cake! Only in this case, I have no clue who's it was to begin with.

 
She definitely gets her silly sassy-frass from her dad.
 
I'm sure of it.
 


And just because I wasn't in any of the other pictures (okay, so Hubby did take one of me but it was so bad I didn't dare post it) here is proof that I was there too.


And yes, that is a hickey. Though you can't tell from this picture, it was a rather large one and Hubby's brothers would not give up on their endless teasing about it.

Over and over and over and over and over.

Well for heaven sake! I'm married! We all know what happens when you're married so I am more than allowed to have a hickey! Jeesh!

Hickey. Hickeyhickeyhickey!!!

So there.  *humph*


When we finally got home, well, let's just say I had a lot of unpacking to do, and three of my kids were sick.


Regardless, it was a good holiday.

The End.

6 super cool people speak:

Michelle said...

Even with all the crazies around, it really was a fun time! Glad you were able to stay for Friday! Love all the pictures. :O)

Mama Smith said...

LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! How neat that you get to use the cultural hall for such a gathering...That is what we would need to do...now...for OUR FAMILY! Our home in FLORIDA could handle all of us...but, right now...don't think our home would be big enough to handle ALL OF US, now...smile

Amy said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm laughing at your hickey too.

What a great time!
Thanksgiving, I mean. Ha ha.

And your eyes are gorgeous, what are you talking about??

Bre and Bobbie said...

Wow Serene, thanks for taking so many pictures they were great!

B said...

Sneaky girl! You said nobody brought fuzzy handcuffs, but really you were just busy using them!! :)

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like a GREAT holiday.

And a very tasteful hickey indeed.

;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...