November 13, 2012

Super Quick and Easy Chocolate Toffee Cheescake



I signed up to make and donate a dessert for the local Festival of Trees Fundraiser. A cheesecake to be exact.

I confess to you now that I have never made a cheesecake completely from scratch. Not because I'm afraid, but because I hear that unless you have one of those fancy spring form pans, you're doomed for failure.

Okay not really, but probably.

Of course it could all be one great conspiracy in an effort to stop me from exploding something in my kitchen or starting a fire in my oven.

Eh hem... not that I would ever do such a thing! *awkward silence* Really!


Anyhow, me and the ole' No Bake Cheesecakes are great pals. I mean, we really get along great!

So, we have teamed up to bring you our super easy yet totally delicious: Chocolate Toffee Cheesecake!

Your jeans can thank me later.

Or... not so much.

Don't hate me. I'm sure there's another recipe like this floating around out there somewhere. You can be mad at them.

Super Quick and Easy Chocolate Toffee Cheesecake


1 box Plain No Bake Cheesecake
3/4 cup Toffee Bits
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips (divided)
2 teaspoons Crisco (divided) I used butter flavored

In a 9x9'' pie pan, follow the directions on the cheesecake box and make up the pie crust.
Next, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and one teaspoon of Crisco by heating in 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth. (twice should be plenty) Pour onto the pie crust and smooth the chocolate until it evenly coats the bottom of the crust.
Following the directions on the box, and mix up the cheesecake portion until it is nice and stiff, scoop into crust and spread evenly.
Carefully add the toffee bits by shaking them over the top of the cheesecake.

NOTE: at this point you can either refrigerate the cheesecake and add the chocolate on top just before serving (which makes slicing it much easier) or keep going and add the chocolate. Just know that with the chocolate being cold, it will make the cutting a bit... smashing.  :) But it will still taste great!

Then melt the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of Crisco, again in 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth.
Using a spoon or a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the toffee bits.
Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.

And wal-la! Scrumdidliumptions!


As for me, I'm going to sit here and feel sorry for myself as I try really hard not to eat it right here and now. I can't believe I lacked the foresight to get two boxes of no bake cheesecake!


Wait... yes I can.



I hope who ever gets it at the fundraiser appreciates my great sacrifice.


4 super cool people speak:

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds pretty yummy! And of course, there's the ever- present chocolate requirement...

;)

Valerie said...

Sounds so good! Hope it made it.

Mama Smith said...

I have a from SCRATCH recipe for cheesecake! YUM! YUM! You can have it if you want!

Larsen said...

You crack me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...