November 2, 2012

Halloween Eve


Wowza what a crazy week! Maybe with the weekend coming up I can actually catch up on some stuff.

Heh, riiiiggghhhtt. Why do I think such fanciful thoughts? It's not good for me.

Anyhow, let's get right down to the good stuff.

'Twas the night before Halloween, when all through the house,
all the children were leaping and screaming and jumping and hopping in excitement over the anticipation of the great pumpkin carving event!

Okay, so I'm not much of a poet.

But my children were so excited to carve pumpkins that it was a little push-and-shove there for a minute until they could all find their spot and watch dad work.


Even little miss Claira was ready with her spoon.

Well, until she started whacking people with it, so we took it away.

She did not handle it well.



Soon daddy had cut the tops off and the kids got a good look at the insides.



At first no one wanted to stick their hand into the ooey, gooey, guts.



Jacob finally put his tough on and dug in. He proudly pulled out the first pumpkin seeds.


 Once the older kids started digging through the goop, that's when the teasing started.

Poor Alayna was petrified.




I get this really odd feeling like she didn't think the teasing was very funny.

 But she was fine, right up until Savannah started flicking her hand around in an effort to get some of the goop off her hands.



Apparently a teeny tiny itsy bitsy piece landed on her arm.

At this point Claira started checking things out, trying to figure out what all the hullabaloo was about.


She even lent a helping hand.


Hey, would you look at that!

I really do exist!


Once we finally got the pumpkins cleaned out, the carving began!


Me with a knife.

Don't mess with my kids.

Just sayin'.



And.... ta da!

They were so proud.


We set them up outside and they were even prouder.




How we ever got them to bed that night, I'll never know.

Especially because I understood how they felt.



Bring on the chocolate!

3 super cool people speak:

Amy said...

Pictures are priceless, pumpkins are cute! (I tried for about 2 seconds to think of a synonym for 'cute' that started with a 'p' for alliterative purposes, but nothing came. Sorry. Happy Halloween!)

Susan Anderson said...

This all brings back such happy memories to me. In fact, I might be getting just a little bit teary over the whole thing...

=)

Mama Smith said...

I LOVE your PUMPKINS! Next year...Garvin and I will need to each get one...and try our "hand-in-it"...smile Hmmm....letting your dad loose with a knife and a pumpkin could prove to be VERY INTERESTING! smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...