July 20, 2011

Toddlers + Shampoo

I jerked awake. Focusing my eyes I saw that Claira was sleeping and Savannah and Joseph were calmly looking at books, so what had startled me?

There it was again. In the distance I heard... giggling.

Glancing quickly around the basement family room, my worst fears were confirmed.

Jacob and Alayna were missing.

Oh no! Groaning I jumped to my feet and sprinted up the stairs. The giggling had turned into all out laughter.

Blast it all, why did I have to doze off! Those two together are ten times worse then the boys together ever were!

Racing to the bathroom, I walk in to find Jacob on the toilet holding what was once a large, full bottle of shampoo. Only now, it was a nice, large, almost empty bottle of shampoo.

At that moment he laughingly squirt a large stream of purple soap out and onto the bathroom rug, which was no longer brown, but a nice, thick, bubbly white as Alayna used a wet rag and water to scrub the soap into the rug.

Ooohhhh.... let's just skip over my reaction and pretend we are frolicking through a field of chocolate... shall we?..............................la la.........................................................la la .............................. *teeth grinding*.......... la.


Sure, the mess doesn't sound so bad.

But have you ever actually tried to wash an entire bottle of shampoo out of something?

Believe me, throwing it into the washing machine is not a good idea. Unless you plan on filling your whole house with soapy suds.

You have to wash it out by hand first and you'd be amazed at how long it takes.

So very amazed. So very long.



And so help me, if one more new bottle of shampoo gets dumped or drained or emptied....

GAH!

Now where's that bag of chocolate chips?

13 super cool people speak:

Tristan said...

I would have tossed the rug and used towels on the bathroom floor when needed instead...LOL.

Regina said...

One of these great mother-"challenges" or "experiences" we would gratefully do without. My boys once did this with ink, wonderful blue ink in the whole living room .....

Susan Anderson said...

This cracked me up. And I needed it.

=)

the Gardners said...

I swear your posts are to make sure I'm not the only one! Couldn't help but laugh. T did that awhile ago and my reaction must have been frightening enough to influence him never to do it again because not much scares him! lol Thanks!

Brenda Susan said...

Oh man, what a mess! I may have been tempted to throw the thing away!

Rachel Sue said...

Yeah. That rug would be long gone. . .

Cheeseboy said...

Haha! I would have taken in the backyard and squirted it off with the hose. Along with the kids.

The Bagley Family said...

There is a reason I have NO rugs in my house....cause my kids have done this before..

If you do throw it in the washing machine add fabric softner and alot of it, kills the bubbles

Sarah said...

That sounds AWWWWWWWWWWWWWFUL!
But I love you Girl and your Hot Mama Sexy shoes:)!!!!!
Wuv YOU!

mCat said...

You're better than I am, because I would have thrown the whole rug away. Matching other rugs and towels? Toss them too and start fresh.

Lindsey Buck said...

I apologize, but your moment of pain actually made me laugh. You should invent a child-proof soap bottle protector. You could make millions.

Mama Smith said...

Just remind yourself that this is a "choice" and "valiant" generation you are helping to raise up! (smile)

Jessica G. said...

I feel your pain, girlfriend! When my oldest was just getting out of the toddler phase, her BFF poured an entire bottle of shampoo on her head, which dripped on to the carpet, and down the hall as she ran, laughing hysterically, to come show me her "magic" hair. Oooooh boy...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...