July 19, 2011

Best Early Birthday Present Ever!

Have you ever wanted something badly? 

And have you ever wanted something that you feel like maybe you shouldn't want? That you feel all rebellious and wicked for wanting?

Oh, I have.

And against my better judgement I have kept my eyes open for the perfect ones the last couple of years. But I could never find the ones I really wanted, even though I didn't really know which ones I really wanted, just that I had never found the ones I really wanted... you know?

At least, that was until about a month ago.


Hubby and I happen to be casually passing through Dillards on our anniversary when I saw them.

And it was love at first sight.

*cue romantic music*


They were exactly what I wanted. The right shade, the right style, just... *sighing dreamily* perfect.

Then I saw the price tag. *cough cough choke gag* 

*kill romantic music*

Sure they were on sale. Sure the price wasn't that bad. Sure some people have no problem spending that kind of money on shoes. But I have a $20 self-imposed limit on my shoes.  

I probably would have been willing to spend a little more for these but I just... I just... couldn't quite justify it.

So I gazed at them dreamily.

And I may have actually sniffled a little when I walked away from them. 

But I never forgot them.  


Enter the girl's shopping trip mentioned yesterday. I couldn't help myself, I just HAD to show them all my shoes! So I did, and the girls all agreed, they were some pretty great shoes.

Then, to my utter surprise, my mom took the box from me, walked up to the register, bought them, handed them to me and said, "Happy Birthday!"

*sqeeeeee!*


Seriously, the best early birthday present ever.

19 super cool people speak:

Susan Anderson said...

What a neat mom!

=)

Wonder Woman said...

I ADORE them!!!!!!!! They do look practically perfect in every way. What a great mom.

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha ha! Today is my birthday, and I totally did the exact same thing last week, except it was a new purse and a scarf from Tai Pan Trading. CUTE shoes! And happy pre-birthday!

Melissa said...

oooh, those look sooo great! Aren't moms the best?!!

Brenda Susan said...

CUTE! So fun! I love a sweet surprise like that! Happy Birthday!

JennaK said...

Awesome! And those are great shoes! Every woman needs a great pair of red shoes.

The Bagley Family said...

So, could your Mom adopt me?

Amy said...

It is a sin to covet. It is a sin to covet. It is a sin to covet!

Can't help it.

I am coveting your shoes!!! They ARE perfect. Perfect perfect perfect and I love them!

You lovely thing you! They look great. Happy Birthday!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Awesome mom! Awesome shoes!

Neisha said...

great shoes!! gotta love those moms :)

hjsmith said...

Those are really nice shoes(:
I am curious though....how many pairs of shoes do you really have(: hehehe Would love a picture of your full collection.
You always look great in heals(:

Vanessa said...

Moms are the best, Congrats. And you seam to be a shoe addict like me, so of course you need a pair of red shiny shoes...

Carrie said...

YAY! Red shoes are so awesome. I had found some DARLING ones a few years ago at a thrift store--brand new, my size..and my dog ate them 2 days later. I FLIPPED out. Why is he still alive again?

Happy birthday and lucky you!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

They are beautiful!
I love seeing them on other people's feet.

Me? No way would my feet want to have them on even if my mind wanted them too.
Feet rule.

Valerie said...

Those are some sexy shoes!! I wouldn't even having anything cute enough to wear with them, but I love them. Congrats. And happy early birthday!

mCat said...

Those are some HOT shoes!! Love them and you are a lucky, lucky girl!

Me said...

Now we have a matching pair! The only sisters in the family who think so alike when it comes to shoes.... *sigh* I love shoes...

Mama Smith said...

All I want to know is...have you worn them to church, yet? (smile) And how many "WOW'S" did you get? (smile)

Guess you and Bekah can wear them to the WEDDING of the CENTURY...come October 21st! (smile) (hopefully, it will match Rose's colors) (smile)

Lisa said...

Freakin' best birthday present ever created! I bought me some last week~on sale from 65 down to 25! I know, right? And I didn't even pretend they were an early birthday present. Just acted like I earned them. And I'm sure I did, but I can't think how. Anyway, happy birthday, Fancy Nancy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...