July 18, 2011

The Baby Blessing and the Fourth of July


Two weeks ago, on July 3rd, we blessed little Claira Faith in a beautiful little dress made by my MIL.

Isn't she just downright adorable? Man I do good work!


Pish, okay... okay fiiiiinnne. It was a 'couples' effort I suppose. I mean Hubby did help... a little.

Still, I do think I deserve most of the credit. After all, I'm the one who had to endure nine months of torture to make her, right? Despite Hubby's claims that those months were just as bad for him.

Whatever. Ignorance is bliss and makes some people say the strangest things.   

*smootch* Love you anyway honey. 


I think that perhaps I should have warned the Primary that they were going to have twenty extra kids in church that day since all of Hubby's family came. Oops.

Later that afternoon, they all went home.



The next day, which was obviously the Fourth of July, a girl's day out was planned.

Leaving all the little kiddies home with the guys, since we gave them no choice in the matter, my mom, sister, SIL, Savannah, and myself headed out to  the mall.

And seriously, we had a blast! 

Why? Well... eh hem.... umm... let's just say, what happens in the mall, stays in the mall. You know, girl stuff!

'Nuff said.

Angel, Mom, Annie, Me
And inside that Dillard's bag I'm holding, is the best early birthday present ever!! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

They're red, and shiny, and gorgeous, and I love them.

And if you know me and my blog, then I'm sure you can guess what they are.


Here's me and my cute SIL in our new matching sunglasses. We also ended up with matching sparkly flip flops and a matching shirt. But since she's about 30 weeks pregnant with twin girls, I probably shouldn't admit that we got a matching shirt.

It says too much about my weight loss progress. *sigh*

But doesn't she look fabulous?


The whole time we were in the mall, I would ask Savannah if she liked anything, if there was something she really wanted. I had every intention of getting her a something.

In the end, all she wanted was this.


A twenty-five cents bouncy ball.

I know right, wow. Even I was shocked. I think I'll take her shopping more often!

When we got home, Hubby took the kids to see a movie, then later that night, we drove across town to settle down at an elementary school so we could watch the big fireworks.

As soon as we got there, the older kids took off to go play and I didn't see them again until it was about time for the fireworks to start.

Alayna wanted to stay with us boring adults. Probably because she secretly knew my sister had candy.


That face says she knows. Oh... she knows.  

*squirm*  Makes me wonder just how much she knows. *cough*


Granny!


Little Claira, wondering what the heck was going on.


Alayna and Papa, leaving to go check on the other kids. I love this picture.


And again, later that night during the fireworks. She was Papa's little girl.


I tried to take a picture of the other kids but Savannah just got annoyed with me and Joseph was too busy eating to care.

Oh well, what can you do.


It was a really great and perfect weekend. 

Even better than a warm chocolate bar.

9 super cool people speak:

Kristina P. said...

She has cute, fatty arms! Can she hold her head up yet?

Susan Anderson said...

Hey, I'm with Savannah.

I like those bouncy balls, too!

=)

gigi said...

I bought the exact same ball for Reagan two weeks ago but it cost me .50 cents!!!

Such a cute blessing dress and cute mommy, daddy and baby Claira. Families are so fun and having them around for the holidays just makes it even better!!

Cheeseboy said...

Hey, it can be pretty bad for us men sometimes, listening to the pregnant wife complain all the time is rough.

Congrats on the blessing and congrats on the shopping spree!

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, she is such a cutie!! I just love them when they are at that soft and squishy stage. They grow out of it way too soon!! Congratulations on your new addition!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

She is a precious little baby.
You do DO good work.
I mean after all......did your hubby stay home from work to make a lung?
Nope!
You did.

Looks like you had a great time.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You are looking great, girl!

Lara Neves said...

What a gorgeous little angel. And good times with family!

ldsjaneite said...

Red, shiny, I won't say or a bouncy ball? I don't know, I like the bouncy ball. Cheap entertainment and no ankle injuries. Maybe an eye out, but that's doable. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...